Conference Program Annual Meeting 2022
Sunday, September 11
NIPPC Annual Board Meeting
- Spencer Gray, Executive Director, NIPPC
Julien Dumoulin Smith, Head of US Power, Utilities, & Alt. Energy, Bank of America
Moderator: Spencer Gray, NIPPC
No host bar.
Firepit marshmallow roast
Informal gathering for all guests on the waterfront lawn.
Monday, September 12
Tax Policy and Opportunities in the Inflation Reduction Act
Russell Sullivan, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
Offshore Wind: Nuts, Bolts, and the Pacific
Ankur Tohan, Partner
Shannon Souza, Policy Director
Pacific Ocean Energy Trust
Elizabeth Crouse, Partner
Tomorrowland: Day-Ahead Markets and RTO Stopovers
- Bruce Rew, Senior VP, Operations, Southwest Power Pool
- Mark Rothleder, Senior VP and COO, California ISO
- Mary Wiencke, Executive Director, Public Generating Pool
Moderator: Jennifer Mersing, K&L Gates
- John Hairston, Administrator & CEO, Bonneville Power Administration
Uneasy Fit: Decarbonization and Energy Markets
- Gabriel Aguilera, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Energy Market regulation – West, FERC
- Representative Pam Marsh, Oregon House of Representatives
- Ann Rendahl, Commissioner, Washington Utilities & Transportation Commission
Moderator: Clare Breidenich, Western Power Trading Forum
“Strung Along: True Transmission Tales”
- Scott Bolton, Senior VP, Development, PacifiCorp
- Mark Milburn, Senior VP, Project Development, LS Power
- Jeff Wood, Senior VP, PowerBridge
Moderator: Megan Decker, Oregon Public Utility Commission
Beer Garden Reception
- Hosted bar and appetizers.
- All guests invited.
- Monday evening dinner.
- All attendees invited. Guests welcome.
- Maria Pope, President & CEO, Portland General Electric
- NIPPC’s unofficial after-parties, hosted by two of our sponsors.
Tuesday, September 13
Full Buffet Breakfast
View from FERC
- Rich Glick, Chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Needed “As Needed”: Capacity in the New West
- Arne Olson, Senior Partner, Energy & Environmental Economics (E3)
- Ryan Roy, Director of Technology, Modeling & Analytics, Western Power Pool
- Jud Virden, Associate Laboratory Director, Energy and Environment, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Moderator: Ty Johnson, Bracewell, LLP
- Spencer Gray, Executive Director, Northwest & Intermountain Power Producers Coalition
Please note: Conference program may be subject to change. Correct as of August 29, 2022.