Last Year's Schedule
Conference Program Annual Meeting 2021
Sunday, September 12
NIPPC Annual Board Meeting
- Spencer Gray, Executive Director, NIPPC
Mary Kipp, President & CEO, Puget Sound Energy
Outdoor Opening Reception
Sponsored by Northwest Gas Association.
No host bar.
Firepit marshmallow roast
Informal gathering for all guests on the waterfront lawn.
Monday, September 13
NIPPC's "TED Talks"
Three short presentations by companies at the forefront of innovation in the power sector.
Energy & Environmental Economics
Special Seminar - K&L Gates
On your way to Alderbrook? Use the time to listen to Hydrogen Rising, a podcast created by our special seminar speaker, David Wochner and K&L Gates. With over twenty succinct and informative episodes, Hydrogen Rising examines significant issues and developments impacting the hydrogen market, from commercial and contractual considerations, to policy initiatives at national and local levels, to major regulatory advancements ensuring access to markets and adequacy of safety regimes. Come prepared for the Monday morning session with informed and engaging questions!
Paradigm Shift: Resource Adequacy in the West
- Gregg Carrington, Chief Operating Officer, Northwest Power Pool
- Sarah Edmonds, Director of Transmission and Market Services, Portland General Electric
- Maury Galbraith, Executive Director, Western Interstate Energy Board
Moderator: Mark Smith, Calpine
- John Hairston, Administrator & CEO, Bonneville Power Administration
Carbon Democracy: Clean Energy and Climate Targets
Washington State House Representative Joe Fitzgibbon, 34th Legislative District
Colin McConaha, Manager, Office of Greenhouse Gas Programs, Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
Reid Spolek, Senior Energy Lead, Google
Moderator: Liz Thomas, K&L Gates
Macro Grid Gaps: Transmission Policy in the West
Michelle Manary, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary, Energy Resilience Division, Office of Electricity, U.S. Department of Energy
- Zeny Magos, Energy Industry Analyst, Office of Energy Markets and Reliability, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Kris Zadlo, Chief Development Officer, Grid United
Moderator: Michael Kunselman, David Wright Tremaine
Beer Garden Reception
- Hosted bar and appetizers.
- All guests invited.
Robert Kahn Award
- Mike Evans, Shell Energy (retired)
Introduction: Ian White, Shell Energy North America
- Stefan Bird, President & CEO, Pacific Power
Introduction: Karen McGaffey, Perkins Coie
- NIPPC’s unofficial after-parties, hosted by two of our sponsors.
Tuesday, September 14
Full Buffet Breakfast
View from FERC
- Rich Glick, Chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Introduction: Spencer Gray, NIPPC
Regulatory Beat: View from the Commissions
- Megan Decker, Chair, Oregon Public Utility Commission
- Ann Rendahl, Commissioner, Washington Utilities & Transportation Commission
- Kristine Raper, Commissioner, Idaho Public Utilities Commission
Moderator: Jason Eisdorfer, Energy Consultant
- Spencer Gray, Executive Director, Northwest & Intermountain Power Producers Coalition
Please note: Conference program may be subject to change. Correct as of August 30th, 2021.